Friday, May 22, 2009

Ethnography of a Newbie

A) I was getting annoyed with my hair, so I put it in a pony tail. It's too short and layered, though, so most of it fell out. Joey saw it, and declared it to be Young Night Elf hair.

B) Standing, waiting for our coffees, Joey decides that Blink would be the best thing to have in real life out of WoW. Remember: he's been playing for less than a week, and he's already talking about it randomly, without any prompting, in public places. (Other than immortality, sickness only lasting a few minutes at a time, etc, I of course chose my rhino.)

C) Told him I was writing Ethnography of a Newbie, and that I was the Jane Goodall of the new WoW players.
"It's almost as if they're intelligent, and trying to tell us something."
"Yes, but it's hard to tell, they do speak a different language."
"True."
"But I found out what aggro means today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment